Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What's in a name?

So what's in a name?  How did we come up with the name Kylah? and what's with the name of the blog?
Welll.........Kylah's full name is Kylah Avery.  Both Kris and I have names that start with a "K" (duh), so it seemed only fitting to name our child with a K name.  Several years ago I had picked out Kayleigh, then it became popular, so then it was Kayla - again, popular.  Then I picked Kyleigh (or Kylie) and even that is becoming popular, so I picked Kylah as it wasn't as popular and just as pretty as those other names.  Avery, well, that was pretty easy.  Growing up in a household with only ONE TV (shocking, I know), I only got to watch whatever my dad was watching at night.  Well spring, summer, and even fall it was baseball.  TBS was always playing the Atlanta Braves, so it became my team, and some special time with my dad.  Watching the games every night and learning about the game.  If anyone knows the Braves of the past, they remember their fabulous starting pitching staff.  Well, one of those pitchers was Steve Avery, and I like the name Avery, so its sort of a tribute to the time spent with my dad watching the Braves every night, and it goes awesome with Kylah.
Well...now for Kylah Bean.  Before we knew Kylah was a girl, we called the baby Jelly Bean, as that is what she kinda looked like at our first ultrasound.  So once we found out we were having a girl and we knew the name, Kylah replaced Jelly, and we have Kylah Bean.  Its just one of the many nicknames we have for her, and probably the most popular.
So there you have it, the history behind her name, and the blog name.

1 comment:

  1. Cute, I love it! And I love the blog, too. I didn't know that about her middle name, specifically...that's super sweet and you're right, it goes perfectly ;)

    ReplyDelete